Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Summary and April Plans

So, I was barely able to fulfill my March plans to the dot with the following 7 reads:-

1. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (****)
2. The Vor Game (Vorkosigan Saga) by Lois McMaster Bujold (***)
3. Use of Weapons (Book 3 of the Culture Series) by Iain M. Banks (****)
4. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald (**)
5. Salem's Lot by Stephen King (***)
6. Bleak House by Charles Dickens (****)
7. The Great Influenza (Non-Fiction) by John M Barry (***)

Due to my illness this month and general paucity of time, I have decided to forego reviewing any of my March reads, April should see me resume with my reviews.

I have another 7 books lined up for April, here it goes:-

1. The State of the Art (Book 4 of the Culture Series) by Iain M. Banks
2. Cetaganda (Vorkosigan Saga) by Lois McMaster Bujold
3. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
4. Ethan of Ethos (Vorkosigan Saga) by Lois McMaster Bujold
5. Insurgent (Book 2 of Divergent Series) by Veronica Roth
6. Fault Lines (Non-Fiction) by Raghuram Rajan
7. The Jewel in the Crown (Book 1 of the Raj Quartet) by Paul Scott

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you liked Bleak House. I'm going to start it at the end of the month. I've had The Jewel in the Crown on my list for so long …… I must get to it! Perhaps this summer. I'll be interested in your thoughts about Oryx and Crake. It's been recommended to me but after reading The Cat's Eye, I vowed I would never read another Atwood again. I think it's time to change my mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will have a good time with Bleak House too; Bleak House has more social commentary (on British politics, law, aristocracy, etc. of those times) than his other works, and at times the pace is quite slow; but it is extremely well written and the perseverance pays off in the end.

      I quite liked The Jewel in the Crown, review already posted in case you are interested. It would perhaps take me another 2-3 days to finish Oryx and Crake, so far I am liking it, will have a better idea once I finish it; I haven't read The Cat's Eye, but The Handmaiden's Tale, my only other Atwood read was quite a hit for me too.

      Delete