Wednesday, November 6, 2013

57. Blockade Billy by Stephen King




Halloween 2013#2



The second book this Halloween Season happens to be a novella by Stephen King, whose another work, Doctor Sleep in on my list for this Halloween.



This baseball story is based in the 50s and focusses on the magnificent, but short career of the Catcher, Billy. Sounds pretty routine, right? Well, there is quite a bit of build up to the story, the details, always the details, closet skeletons, and some darkness, but it is a summer breeze compared to a typical King work. I know this is not much of a review, but then, this was not much of a book.


 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Piyush,

    This comment is not related to the post. I find your set up pleasing, esp for a monetized blog. The stuff I want to see is still accessible w/o having to search forever for it. Might consider adding one of those "You might also be interested in" widgets to kepp folks reading. I love your reviews. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      Thanks for visiting and for your feedback and the good wishes & blessings. I am not sure the "You might be interested in" widget, is it my favourite links or is it some widget which automatically creates recommendations, like in LT?

      Best,
      Piyush

      Delete